S4BE Wiki Week: 15th-19th September
Posted on August 22, 2014 by HollyMillward
STUDENTS WE NEED YOU – join Students 4 Best Evidence (S4BE) and help update health evidence on Wikipedia!
We are planning an exciting week (15th-19th September) of blogs, resources and tutorials, culminating in a LIVE Wiki Editathon, online and at the UK Cochrane Centre on the 16th September.
Cochrane has recently joined forces with Wikipedia in a partnership to get more Cochrane health evidence on Wikipedia. To celebrate this, we at S4BE want to get students involved in this partnership as we know Wikipedia is a key student resource.
Throughout Wiki Week, we will be publishing blogs on:
- Why students are interested in Wikipedia
- how to become active on Wikipedia
- What is WikiProjectMed
- How to edit Wikipedia
- Cochrane and Wikipedia partnership
- and much more!
Wiki Editathon (launching on 16th September Noon 12.00 PM BST):
- In person in Oxford at the UK Cochrane Centre and online using Google Hangout on the 16th
- Wiki training: experienced Wikipedians will be joining us to provide support for students new to Wiki
- Group work: working on a selection of interesting and new Cochrane reviews that we will help pre-pick
- A prize…
- and lunch for those coming in person!
For further information about the week and the Editathon:
- Tweet @Students4BE using #Students4WPM
- Email [email protected]
- Message us on Facebook.com/Students4BE
Students – join us, spread the word and sign up to our Wiki Editathon!